How would you like to make a difference in someone’s life and also create a successful career for yourself? We are a growing company that provides tax, accounting, bookkeeping, and project management services to individuals and small businesses in Eastern Suffolk County.
Careers: Bilingual Tax Preparer / Customer Service
We are looking for Spanish-English bilinguals to help serve our clients both in our office, and within the Latino community at large. We have, full-time, part-time, year-round, and seasonal positions available.
Job Duties may include:
- Helping Spanish-speaking and English speaking clients with their tax returns.
- Performing individual and small business bookkeeping.
- Translating for our English speaking subject matter experts.
- Representing Hamptons Tax and Advisory Services at Hispanic community events.
- Helping with Tax and Financial Seminar presentations within the Hispanic community.
- Participate in Hispanic marketing activities.
- Light administrative and housekeeping duties.
- Perform office opening and closing procedures.
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of 1 year prior tax preparation experience in a professional setting is preferred, not required. Equivalent educational experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of computer functions and software.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced environment.
- The majority of our returns are for individuals however experience in corporate and partnership tax preparation is a plus.
- Must qualfy for IRS PTIN and NYS Tax Preparer registration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated values of honesty, integrity, and responsibility, both personally and professionally
- Hourly and commission based on experience.
For consideration, please email your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org